Skender Partners With F.A. Wilhelm to Build IU Health Bloomington Regional Academic Health Center
Skender is partnering with F.A. Wilhelm to build the new IU Health Bloomington Regional Academic Health Center on the campus of Indiana University. The state-of-the-art complex, scheduled to open in 2021, is a collaborative project between Indiana University Health and Indiana University. The overall facility includes 620,000 square feet for in-patient and out-patient clinical services, and 115,000 square feet for academic instruction. The sustainable development will seek LEED certification and include:
- An outpatient facility to accommodate same-day surgeries and office visits with specialty care physicians and diagnostic testing
- An inpatient complex to replace the existing Indiana University Bloomington Hospital and provide intensive care, complex surgeries, and labor and delivery
- A women’s center for obstetrics as well as a neonatal intensive care nursery and other perinatal services
- An emergency department to provide specialized care for conditions such as strokes, heart attacks or injuries to hands, limbs, etc.
- A trauma center to treat severe injuries resulting from incidents such as automobile accidents, entailing multiple fractures, acute spine injuries, and brain injuries
- An academic facility for health sciences education and research
Click here to see the project progress from October 2020.